Student Council Plans Events

Tori Greene, 11, leads a meeting for student council.
Photo by Brandon Bosecker

Students wearing sweats topped with “Legacy StuCo” printed shirts slowly made their way into Ms. Julie Daniel’s room dreading the day ahead of them.

Student Council meetings start at 6:45 a.m. During the meeting, members and officers discussed events going on in the school and how to make each one run smoothly. Junior Tori Greene stood in for Student Body President Emary Skoczlas and ran the meeting.

“I am going to go ahead and call this meeting to order,” Greene said. “Now, I will read the treasurer’s report of our account balances.”

Senior Josh Hogue, head of the community service committee, discussed with the council some service opportunities coming up.

“We need people to volunteer to work the Special Needs Prom on Feb. 10,” Hogue said. “I need to know ASAP if you can work because we have to get in contact with the church and let them know we will be able to attend.”

Greene discussed Spring District expenses and asked for a motion of a council member. This motion decided that members will pay the full expenses to go to Spring District.

“All in favor of paying the full expense say ‘aye,’” Greene said. “All opposed say ‘nay.’ Motion passed.”

The meeting continued with events coming up such as the bake sale and L.U.C.K. week committee sign ups.

“It is important that you are coming to every meeting,” Greene said. “We need all hands on deck with L.U.C.K. week coming up.”

Lauren Hargrove, The Rider Editor-in-Chief
My name is Lauren Hargrove and I'm Editor in Chief of TheRiderOnline.com. I enjoy football games, dogs and hanging out with friends. I'm sarcastic and sassy and honestly, I'm here for the food and to write I guess.
Brandon Bosecker, Photographer
Hello my name is Brandon...if you want to know more ask me