Learn how to conquer Black Friday with these simple reminders

Photo by Grant Baker

How to Adult: Black Friday

Black Friday may be the craziest shopping day of the whole year. There’s so much to expect that most people aren’t prepared for. Down below are a few ways to have the safest and most successful Black Friday possible:

Make a list
Already have an idea of what you’re looking for beforehand. This eliminates the time you’d originally spending trying to remember things to buy. Making a list helps keep your priorities in order and your shopping organized.

Show up early
Most Black Friday sales start Thanksgiving night. Although stores will be crowded all throughout the night, going to the mall the night before gives everyone the opportunity to catch the best sales. Some of the best Black Friday sales will be at Best Buy, Walmart, and Amazon.

Bring your friends and split up
Although splitting up when Black Friday shopping may seem like a bad idea, you’d be surprised how much shopping can get done. Splitting up gives each person the opportunity to catch sales at a decent time before everything good sells out.

Have a budget
Budgeting can be crucial when sales are going on everywhere. People tend to spend without thinking because there is so much to choose from. Don’t spend money just to spend. Only buy what you’ll need for Christmas or other upcoming events.

Have fun with it
Because this time of the year is so hectic, people tend to be stressed out instead of enjoying the holiday weekend. There are lots to look forward to when shopping for the best items. Have fun with it. The season comes once a year!

$3000
$5000