Pushing for Results

Jada+Gantt
Jada Gantt

Jada Gantt

Jada Gantt

I will participate in just about anything to help me get in college. I focused on what colleges thought of me. I participate in JROTC, Newspaper, and a step team. I take advanced-level core classes which overwhelms me.

I took JROTC my freshman year. This past May, we had an award ceremony where I got promoted to the S-5 Public Affairs Officer of the battalion. I came into the year overconfident about my position. I underestimated the time and labor the job requires. I assist the AI SFC Watkins with the maintenance of the JROTC website, photograph all JROTC events, create and issue a newsletter every month to inform cadets and parents on major events in the battalion, keep the school newspaper up to date on our events, update any bulletin boards in the classroom and photograph all JROTC events.

On top of that, I joined the newspaper staff. Newspaper excites me, but a new story every week challenges me. Not only do I have to find time in my busy schedule for my stories, but I also schedule interviews. I get overwhelmed about my deadlines, which influences my work.

To branch out of the normal organizations and clubs, Amara Shanks and I started a step team, and we now serve as captains to the team. The Notorious Steppers helps to take out my stress from school, but as a leader, it requires hard work. I schedule team events and organize performances and team events with the help of my teammates. My role on the team requires dedication.

I complain about the effort required for the activities, but they help mold my future. I want to go to the University of Texas in Austin. To reach my goals, I need to make sure I stand out against others. I strive to keep my grades up, make significant contributions, lead a school organization and show rigorousness within my academics help me do so.

These clubs present benefits. I’ve earned certifications, volunteer hours, and valuable information in career areas. Regardless of the constant stress, I feel more secure about my future.

About the Writer
Jada Gantt, Staff Writer

Hello, I’m Jada Gantt ! I’m a Sophomore that loves singing , dancing , and pretty much anything JROTC related. I’m also a twin, but I’m one of a kind !