10 Books To Read

Ten+books+that+students+can+read+in+their+free+time.+
Photo by Micaih Thomas
Ten books that students can read in their free time.

Although reading isn’t the most popular thing to do when you can text your friends or watch Netflix, there are a few good books I suggest checking out for the times you get bored and have absolutely nothing else to do.

This is Where it Ends
When a book that will leave you on the edge of your seat sounds great, I suggest this one. Not only does it have a realistic event, but it also gives multiple points of views. It covers school shootings, a gruesome topic to talk about. This book hits a realistic spot to give you chills.
Rate: 10/10

Before I Let Go
Separation from your best friend sucks, but moving to another state seems even harder, especially when they die before seeing them again. This book may have you in tears, so I recommend a box of tissues close by.
Rate: 8/10

Wonder
If you have never read this book then you must live under a rock. With a 4.45/5 star rating, who wouldn’t want to watch the movie and read the book? There is always that one kid who sits at lunch alone or gets made fun of for looking different than other kids. Make friends with that person and it can change their life around so fast. For August Pullman, that one day will be one for the books.
Rate: 8/10

Out of My Mind
Not only does this book talk about a child’s perspective of living life in a wheelchair, but it also talks about what she thinks about on a day to day basis. It shows her struggles and it will make you think more about life and how great you have it.
Rate: 10/10

Storm and Silence Saga
As a girl who fights for rights in an era where women do not belong in politics or the workforce, Lilly Linton goes on a continuous journey to gain the freedom she desires. The first book in the series begins with Lilly’s arrest for impersonating a man and her luck with a job offer. Her employer, a very influential man in fictional 1832 Britain, becomes stunned when he finds out her true gender. For people who don’t like to read, this series will change that in an instant. It contains undeniable humor, a great look into the Victorian era and an epic love story.
Rate: 10/10

Romeo and Juliet
While Shakespeare isn’t the most popular to read, I have fallen in love with Romeo and Juliet. It’s the perfect love story and shows what can really happen when love goes wrong. Not only is it between two young lovers but also what they do when their love goes against the law.
Rate: 9/10

Everything Happens for a Reason: And Other Lies I’ve Loved
“A meditation on sense-making when there’s no sense to be made, on letting go when we can’t hold on and on being unafraid even when we’re terrified,” Kalanithi said. This book explains reality and the fear we go through on a daily basis.
Rate: 8/10

It’s Not How Good You Are, It’s How Good You Want To Be
Another sense of self and the want to be a better person. Explains how to better yourself and give yourself a breath of fresh air. This is a great book when you’re feeling down and need a little extra push of motivation.
Rate: 10/10

Far From You
While the first time was an accident that left 14-year-old Sophie with scars, a bum leg and an addiction to pills, the second time with a masked man was no accident. Sophie managed to get away, but her 17-year-old friend Mina was not so lucky. The perfect thriller of emotion and panic.
Rate: 10/10

Everything I Never Told You
The angel child has gone missing, what to do now? The only clues left are a lake, a blonde hair bad boy, and little evidence scattered. Another really good thriller that will put you on the edge of your seat.
Rate: 9/10

Madison Palmer, Staff Writer
Hey I’m Madison, you can call me Madi. I’m very welcoming so feel free to talk to me when you see me! Have a great year! :)