5 Different Types Of Seniors

Hannigan writes about a disease that is taking Legacy by storm: senioritis.

Every senior class likes to think of themselves as “cool” and particularly original but put them all together under a microscope and they prove to look the same. Students rarely escape at least one of the following senior stereotypes (Break the mold 2020, we have faith in you).

The Senior with Senioritis in July

We know them, we love them, but if we’re honest, we wish they would graduate already. They show up the first day of school with their graduation speeches already prepared and zero cares for the rest of the year. They rarely show up for first period and if they do, they sleep through it.

The Senior Who Has it All Together

These students received acceptance letters to colleges in June, took their SAT five times, currently balance four AP classes and don’t seem to break a sweat. We pretend to hate you because we envy you. We can easily identify these students by their $30 planners and colorful pens. 

The Senior Who Does the Most

If we listen closely, we can hear their cries behind their to-do-lists and books. These students attempt to juggle four to six AP classes (Yes, it is a thing. Yes, they are crazy), a job, several clubs, and maybe even a relationship. You can identify them by the constant air of barely suppressed panic surrounding them. 

The “Senior” Graduating Early

We may laugh at their overeagerness, but they’ve got the right idea. Escaping high school a year early sounds like more of a blessing than a curse, but a condensed class schedule also sounds like the opposite of a good time. One might mistake these students for seniors who do the most, but they lack the certain panic fueled exhaustion that comes with the fourth year of high school.     

The Senior Who Finally Figured it Out

We applaud these students. We distinctly remember lending them our homework to copy Freshman year and now we run into them at tutoring and borrow their notes for class. We don’t know how or when it happened, but we certainly appreciate the change. 

Kamryn Hannigan, Staff Writer
I love Jesus. That’s it. That’s the bio.