StuCo to Host Homecoming Dance

Kylie Moretz, 12, dances with friends. Students will have a semi-formal dance Saturday, Oct 19.
Photo by Kamryn Hannigan

Student Council will host a homecoming dance on Saturday, Oct. 19 from 7:30 to 10 p.m in the cafeteria. Tickets go on sale for $10 on October 1. Prices change to $15 the week of the dance and tickets will cost $20 at the door Saturday night. The theme is “the greatest show on earth.” 

In previous years, StuCo did not host a dance because students did not show interest in a dance. However, last year a poll went out and the majority of students voted to have one.

“The dance is a really cool concept. It’s a new experience for both upperclassmen and freshmen,” junior Kate Claburn said.

The dress code is semi-formal; girls can wear dresses with a hem three inches above the knee and boys should wear a polo and slacks. Jeans will need a nice suit jacket to compliment them. No sneakers are allowed.

“It seems to be a more fancy and formal dance,” Claburn said. “It wouldn’t be good for people to show up in basketball shorts and tennis shoes to a formal dance.”

Senior Abby Keck and sophomore Rylea Fields lead the planning committee. Student Council members have planned since May to create a memorable experience for students through this dance. Keck and Fields worked through the summer and use the StuCo class period to make final preparations. StuCo estimates the dance will cost around $900.

“I hope that all activities have a big turnout and the school loves the decorations we have planned for the week,” Keck said.

Jenna Smith, Staff Writer
My name is Jenna and I’m a staff writer. This is my junior year and until now my life has been nothing but band. I love to write, listen to music, and kill time on twitter.
Kamryn Hannigan, Staff Writer
I love Jesus. That’s it. That’s the bio.