Photojournalism Heads to the Zoo
Early Voting Begins for Proposed Bond
Photojournalism Heads to the Zoo
Early Voting Begins for Proposed Bond

Broncos 0-3 in Pre-District; Take On Cedar Hill Thursday

In their final pre- season game, the Broncos were hoping for a win against Plano to gain momentum going into the regular season. Unfortunately, the Plano Wildcats defense was too much for the Broncos to overcome and the game ended with a 23-7 loss.

The Wildcats got on the board first when quarterback Connor Michelson ran it from the two yard line to give Plano a 7-0 lead late in the first quarter. Legacy’s offense scored no offensive points in the game. Broncos quarterback Quentin Hasten ended up throwing for 87 yards and 3 interceptions. In addition, Legacy only had 44 total rushing yards the entire game.

When things looked bad for the offense, the Bronco defense came up big to give Legacy hope. In the second quarter, a Michelson pass was intercepted by Linebacker Kendall Washington and returned 25 yards for a Legacy touchdown. The score tied the game 7-7. Head Coach Chris Melson discussed how pleased he was with Washington’s performance.

“He read the quarterback’s eyes, got underneath it, and got into the endzone,” Melson said. “He’s a great player and I expect great things from him.”

The Wildcats would score one more time before half time. Michelson connected with wide receiver Clayton Parlin for a 10 yard touchdown. Another Michelson touchdown pass late in the third quarter put the Wildcats up 20-7, and a field goal added later in the game made the score 23-7. The Broncos were unable to recover from the 16 point differential and ended up on the losing end. Legacy has a bye week in which they plan to fix mistakes before they play their first district game against Cedar Hill on Oct 23.

“We have to punch the ball in,” Melson said. “We drive the ball really well but we don’t score touchdowns. If we eliminate the mistakes and punch it in we’ll be happy at the end of the day.”