Basketball Team Faces Challenges Amidst Coaching Changes
Students Find Community, Acceptance in Theater Events
Freshman Develops Love for Reading in Book Club

5 Cancelled Celebrities

Because+of+controversy+there+are+artists+who+have+been+under+fire+in+the+public+eye.++
Photo by Micaih Thomas
Because of controversy there are artists who have been under fire in the public eye.

Everyone makes questionable decisions. Even celebrities — the cream of the crop — can make mistakes. These celebrities have been cancelled for what they’ve said or done.

Lil Uzi Vert

Hip hop artist Lil Uzi Vert cancelled himself. He posted a statement on his Instagram story and said he felt “done with music” and “wanted to be normal” again. I guess we will never get to hear “Eternal Atake,” the album he promoted for months.

R. Kelly

Do I really need to explain this?

Pete Davidson

Ever since his break up with Ariana Grande, Pete Davidson experienced a

midlife crisis. On “SNL”, the comedian made jokes about his mental health and had the internet concerned about his well-being. Prior to this incident rumors of intimate photos he supposedly sent to Mac Miller circulated the web, the rumor shortly dispelled.

Kanye West

Kanye has had controversy around him for some time now. His meeting with President Donald Trump accomplished nothing. The lyrical advocate that we knew, loved and supported, vanished on that TMZ interview. Although his remarks on TMZ, felt bizarre and disrespectful, it’s safe to say we may have misinterpreted him. We might keep him in 2019. We might.

Noah Centineo

Centino’s appearance on the movie, “To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before,” catapulted his career in 2018. Thousands of girls (and boys) resorted to Instagram and Twitter to show their love for him. It’s crazy how many people lusted over a fictional character. He had his own era on Twitter. Unacceptable. Cringe. Period.

Zach Planche, Sports Editor
I’m Zach Planche and am this year’s sports editor. I play soccer but my favorite sport to watch is basketball. This year is uncertain, but our staff is making the best of it!